BURY LOCAL HISTORY FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

old streets....

3 posters

Go down

old streets.... Empty old streets....

Post  MrsA Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi one and all. Im new here and hoping you may be able to help me. I have been researching my family history for a short time, mainly in Salford, Lancs. I have now found a branch from Pilkington, Bury, this is where i am hoping you maybe able to help me. I have an address of 'Pipe Mill Terrace', now i have tried googling and searching various sites to find a location of this 'terrace' and am unable to find it. I come to the conclusion it has been knocked down/developed on but where was it situated? Would anybody be able to direct me via a recent map/google map?
Also my 'ancestor' was a labourer at Logwood Mill.. was this its name, as again ive tried googling and come up with nothing Sad The years i have got my information from are 1871 and 1881.
Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase can anybody help me... It would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mrs A

MrsA

Back to top Go down

old streets.... Empty Re: old streets....

Post  Parrot of Doom Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:05 pm

Hi, have you tried www.old-maps.co.uk

I find it invaluable for looking up old streets and the like. The maps go back as far as 1850.

Parrot of Doom

Back to top Go down

old streets.... Empty Pipe Mill Terrace

Post  Roy Turner Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:02 am

Hello Mrs A.

I know it is a long time ago, but I have just been informed about the location of Pipe Mill Terrace.

It no longer exists, but it was in James Street off Outwood Road, Radcliffe and there is a photo on Photo Memories of it, so I am informed.

I have atached a Google map reference herewith. Just click or copy and paste into your web browser.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=JAMES+STREET+RADCLIFFE&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=11.540145,27.949219&ie=UTF8&ll=53.556346,-2.324338&spn=0.011319,0.027294&z=15&iwloc=addr

Regards,
Roy Turner
Bury Local History Society

Last edited by Roy Turner on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Taking out an illegal link)

Roy Turner

http://www.roysfilms.co.uk

Back to top Go down

old streets.... Empty Re: old streets....

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum