BURY LOCAL HISTORY FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asda + Matalan retail park - what was there before

2 posters

Go down

Asda + Matalan retail park - what was there before Empty Asda + Matalan retail park - what was there before

Post  rowan Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:18 am

Hello,

I'm also extremely interested in the disgusting eyesore that is the Asda + Matalan retail park near Lord Street, Foundry street and Cecil Street. Before this revolting thing was built does anyone have any information or trivia as to what lies under the tarmac of the vast carpark? Or any photographs? Or were you a resident who had to leave their home for this thing to be erected? I've traced my family back to when they lived on Lord Street, Foundry Street, Edward Street and Church street and NOT ONE of the houses that they resided in still exists. I'd love to hear ANY info about times gone by in this area, absolutely anything at all. Thanks again, Rowan

rowan

Back to top Go down

Asda + Matalan retail park - what was there before Empty Asda + Matalan Retail Park

Post  Roy Turner Fri May 01, 2009 1:33 pm

Hello Rowan

I have put links to two pictures which I have of Halls Foundry and the bridge which used to cross the road in the area where Asda and Matalan are now. The name of the street was George Street but of course is not there now.

Halls Foundry demolished in the 1960s
The bridge crossing George Street

Roy

Roy Turner

http://www.roysfilms.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum